If you're program managing a Customer Advisory Board (CAB) for your company, and you're planning a meeting in Q1 or Q2 of 2011, by now you should have the location confirmed and a contract with the hotel in place. And, a "Save-the-Date" announcement should have already been sent to your CAB members.
Are you panicking yet?
If your plans aren't nailed down, use this "end-of-the-year" wrap-up time to do just that. Start with these five steps:
1. Check availability for the executives aligned to your CAB.
2. Put those dates out to the venues you are considering.
3. Offer a choice of dates to CAB members and go with the majority's availability.
- This can be easily accomplished through an on-line survey tool
4. Send a "Save-the-Date" announcement to members.
- Send via email and be sure to copy the member's assistant
5. Start eliciting agenda topics from your internal team for consideration.
You want to hit the ground running in 2011. Getting these 5 steps rolling now will allow you to focus on building a great meeting as you kick-off a new year.
Happy Planning & Happy Holidays!