Many of our first-time customers ask the question, "Where do I start?" They know building an effective advisory board encompasses many steps and want to ensure they get it right the first time so their leadership team and key customers have a great experience.
Following is my "top 10 list" of key success factors to consider as you plan and implement your customer advisory board program:
- Executive buy-in, sponsorship and support
- Cross-functional support and alignment
- Clear definition of program mission and objectives
- Selecting the right customers for membership
- Content design
- Meeting preparation
- Meeting facilitation
- Post-meeting follow-through and action tracking
- Continuous member communication and engagement
- Program management process
In forthcoming blogs I'll share some of my observations, experiences and a few tips on these 10 keys to success.